Pretty in Pink with Spring Wishes!


Hello and Happy Monday!  Today's challenge that started over on the Cards in Envy blog has a Pretty in Pink theme. That means we are looking for cards that you make that feature mostly the color PINK on the card AND the card must be A2 size (4.25" x 5.5") AND flat enough to fit in an envy.  After the end of the challenge, the Cards in Envy designers vote and pick a #1 card to be our First Class card and then each designer picks their personal favorite card out of the entries.  Those chosen receive a winner's badge for their blog.  This is a fun way to get some cards made that you can actually mail and do something a little different than you normally do.

For me, this challenge was EASY as I love pink!  So to make it a bit more challenging for me, I decided to color my image with just TWO colors AND use a different brand of alcohol ink pens!  I bought two of the Chameleon Pens from Flossie Scrapper and started in on coloring this image and learning how to use the pens.  They blend like Copics but the difference is you only need one pen to get the light to dark coloring.  Interesting, yes?  Here's the end result of my coloring.  I like how it turned out.  For a person who loves pink, you would have thought it would be easy to choose papers to go with the image, but no, it was not easy.  I ended up going with two pink colors of Bazzill Two Scoops 6x6 Cardstock (an older pad I've had in my stash for a few years.)  I tied a flat bow with ribbon from Paper Mart--5/8" Pink Satin Edged Ribbon and stamped the sentiment (Papertrey Ink's Daily Design) with Stampin' Up! Regal Rose Ink.  I already had the digital image printed up and I can't recall what company I bought it from.  I think possibly it is from Di's Digital Designs, but if you recognize it and know for sure, let me know.  The Chameleon Pens that I used were the PK3 Bubblegum Pink and YG3 Spring Meadow. While I love my Copics, I do love the ease of grabbing just a few pens and not having to think a lot about which ones to use.  I may buy a few more colors of the Chameleons but my Copics are not going away.

Be sure to check out the challenge on Cards in Envy. We hope you'll join us and make a Pretty in Pink card to share!

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts