Easter's On It's Way with Graphic 45


Well, this project took longer to finish and allow to dry than I anticipated!  I really did start making it on Monday for my Monday blog post and didn't get it done and then I'd hoped to have it done and on the blog Tuesday and well....I didn't get it done!  Actually I decided that I needed to work on income taxes and get those done and out of my hair so I didn't work on this little Easter box until last night. And of course, I had to let it dry before I could finish it and take photos.

I was inspired by and got the tutorial for this from the Graphic 45 blog.  You can click on it >HERE< How to Alter a Small Graphic 45 Book Box by Rhea.  Except for the drying time, this is really quick to put together and makes a beautiful Easter decor piece or gift.

Here's the box opened up:


I used the small Graphic 45 Book box, Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs Distress ink for the edges of the box and then I patterned it with the 8x8 Graphic 45 Time to Flourish "April" page.  On the inside of the box where the rabbit and eggs are, I painted it with Golden Fiber Paste and once that dried, I sprayed it with Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise Ink Spray and some water to lighten it up in places.  I then brushed it with Diamond Stickles to make it sparkle.  The bunny rabbit is a small plaster one that I bought at Michael's.  I stained it with the Gathered Twigs Stain and also added Diamond Stickles to it.  I glued a small pink satin bow onto the front of the bunny.  I glued it in and then glued in a "nest" made from brown Decorative Excelsior straw.  The small eggs are from a floral pick that I bought at Michael's and I also painted them with Waterfall Blue and Firefly Green Stickles.  The small flowers on the inside of the box are buttons and the flower border around the edges are lace.

There's lots of sparkle inside this box as you can see in the close up photo below.


On the front of the box, I glued down a border of the floral lace and then used Scor-tape to attach the tie ribbons.  Next, I started adding various flowers from my stash, some are Primas and some are Petaloo and some are "unknown."  I also glued in a button to match the ones on the inside of the box .  Once the flowers were dry, I brushed each of them with Glam Pink, Diamond and Waterfall Blue Stickles.

I will be setting this on my living room mantle with the box open as an Easter decor piece.  I love these small Graphic 45 book boxes as well as the larger ones and can see myself altering more of them for different occasions!  Have you made anything special for Easter this year?  If so, please share and feel free to add a link to your own blog in the comments.

Happy Crafting,



Popular Posts