Halloween Photo Frame Memory Box {TBT}


Okay, maybe it is a bit early to be thinking about Halloween projects, or is it?  I'm sharing this Photo Frame Memory Box that I created and shared in a blog post back in October 2013 for today's Throwback Thursday. This box has a mini album inside.  I have no photos of the album which means it is probably not finished. Oh no! Another project to be put on the "Finish it Friday" list!!  This is created from a Kathy Orta Files Paper Phenomenon tutorial.  I purchased the tutorial and the teaching license so I could teach others how to make this fabulous project.  You can still purchase the tutorial from Kathy OR you can sign up to take a class from me at Flossie Scrapper in Burleson, Texas on May 30, 2015.  We will not be making a Halloween memory box BUT we will be making a BLANK box and album so you could make it Halloween if you wanted to. Or any occasion--Christmas, Baby, Wedding, Graduation, Heirloom, etc. In the class you will not be patterning or decorating your project. You will only assemble it.  All the pretty stuff you will do at home but there will be a decorating video by me for you to watch to inspire you. It will either be of a Graduation Memory Box or a Baby Memory Box. The jury (me) is still out on that! Ha, ha.

Here's a bit of what I had to say about this project back in October of 2013:
I pretty much follow the basic way Kathy does this box and album except with a few minor changes and different techniques. Instead of a lunch box handle, I use a regular utility handle that you can buy at Home Depot.  I’ve also come up with a different way and a tool for cutting the chipboard for your magnets. And I've found that if you cut your lid piece just a bit bigger that it will fit and close better.


Okay, that's it for this Thursday.  This afternoon I'm working on assembling one of these boxes in preparation of creating a decorating video so I've got to decide--graduation (which I will need soon) or baby (which I don't need but the papers are oh so adorable).  Which do you think I should choose? Check back tomorrow too as I hope to do at least another double page set on my Disney Back to Basic Album (Volume 3 and the last) for Finish it Friday!

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts