On the Road Again for Throwback Thursday


Since hubby and I will be leaving later today (or in the morning) for a road trip, I thought I'd share a few more photos from my Route 66 mini album for Throwback Thursday.  This trip we are going on this weekend is not quite the same--not as many days but still a trip that we've looked forward to. Hubby's Uncle Les (by marriage) served on the Texas Battleship and his aunt has a photo of Uncle Les on that ship so we've wanted to go tour it for several years now.  We actually went last year to see it, but we also went to tour other sites and when Eddie got sick we cut the trip a day short and forgot all about the battleship. So this time we are going to see it and and just it.  Well, maybe we'll do a few other things but that is the main focus and to eat some seafood. Ha, ha.

In the photo above is a little mini album that goes in the main Route 66 mini album!  I got the cute Drive-In and Route 66 cut outs from Etsy as well as the cut outs for the page below.  This is still one of my favorite mini albums that I've created and was actually the first time I made my own cover, pages and hinges!  My original blog posts on this project were in March and April 2013.


Okay, that's it for me--got to go pack some clothes. Would you believe that I almost forgot that we were going on this trip!!  On Tuesday night I was saying something about buying some plants over the weekend when Eddie said--I thought we were going to see the battleship?! Oops! That's right! Had to quickly get a hotel room reserved.  Have you ever become so into your hobbies that you've forgotten something important?  I hope not!

Happy Crafting and have a great weekend!  Once again, there will be no Sneak Peek Sunday post but maybe I'll share a sneak or two later on next week.

 Sandy

Popular Posts