Love Always for Technique Tuesday


Last Thursday, hubby and I left around 12 noon and drove to Houston.  Actually to Nassau Bay.  We had a room reservation at the Marriot Courtyard right across from the Space Center.  It's the same hotel we stayed at last year and really loved the room and location. Our trip was to tour the Texas Battleship which we did on Friday morning.  Actually we were there for about 6 hours.  It is very interesting. We love to experience something from history and also something that a family member was a part of too.  Eddie's Uncle Les was stationed on the Texas in World War II.  We got a bit extra info and toured a few off the trail parts of the ship because of Uncle Les. Over the weekend we also went to Galveston Island, Kemah Boardwark and took photos of the Independence at the Space Center now that it is on the 747. We didn't tour the Space Center museum as we'd just visited it last June.  We drove back home on Sunday.  I thought that I'd get something made yesterday for the blog but it seems to take me a day to get back in the groove after a few vacation days.

For today's Technique Tuesday, I'm pulling up an older technique that I shared on my blog back in 2012.  This is a very fun technique for when you need a shaped card.  Small shaped cards are great gift cards to add with a gift basket or wrapped gift.

This card opens at the bottom and is attached at the two upper edges of the wings.  I took a standard A2 card (white card stock, folded) and attached a piece of 5.5″ x 4.25″ printed paper to the front just like I was going to make a regular A2 card.  Then I laid the butterfly pattern that I’d printed up in Photoshop (you adjust the size to fit the A2 card).  I carefully cut out the card making sure to not cut the two upper edges. Then I machine stitched just the outer edges of the butterfly on the front side of the card only. Added the sentiment stickers, embellishments and a bow to finish it off.  The antenna is made from two strips of printed paper (the back side of the blue dot paper).

Card details:

  • Printed paper from My Mind;s Eye Six by Six “Everyday Flair”

  • Paper doily trimmed to use just the edge and gathered up to create the mini doily for the center of the butterfly.

  • “Love” and “Always” epoxy stickers from my stash

  • Pink flower center with buttons pre-attached from my stash

  • Sheer white dot ribbon for the bow

  • Straight stitch on sewing machine, dark pink thread

“Love is like a butterfly, it settles upon you when you least expect it.”  ~ Author Unknown

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts