Have a Great Day {TBT}


Ahh Springtime. You are so wonderful.  Cool some nights but not too bad and definitely flip-flop shoes, capri pants weather during the day! Today for Throwback Thursday, I decided to share this spring card that I made in April 2013.  It's hard to believe that today is the last day of April and that summer is getting even closer.  Anyway, I really like the design of this card and this is what I had to say on how I created it:
I had this Tim Holtz bird stamp that I really wanted to use.  As most of his stamps are, there’s not a lot of area that needs coloring. But I did use a few Copic markers to color the bird  and I used Y18+Y19.  Around the branches where I cut it out and where you could still see a bit of white, I colored with my E000+C0 Copic markers.  The butterfly is a Hero Arts stamp that comes with the die to cut it out.  I colored the butterfly with BG72 and only used the one marker as the areas to color were so small.  I used  some light blue cardstock from Stampin’ Up and punched out the shape with a die and then used an EK Success punch to make the notebook paper edge on the striped paper.  All the printed papers are from a 6×6 Designer Paper Pad by Pebbles called “Family Ties.”  I also lightly inked the edges of the blue paper with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Soot Black.  For the finishing touch, I applied Glossy Accents to the bird, branch and the butterfly and let them dry. This gave them some dimension without making them real thick.  Then I added three paper flowers by Bazzill.  The sentiment stamp is by Papertrey Ink. Lastly I decided to add the yellow and white Baker’s Twine bow.

Okay, I'm keeping it short today as I want to get upstairs to the craft room for the afternoon.  I've got several ideas jumping around in my head; and  if (that's a BIG if)  I get one of them done, I will share a free tutorial class video for National Scrapbook Day.  And if  I do get it done, it will be here on my blog bright and early Saturday, May 2. Keep your fingers (and toes) crossed!

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts