On this Day...Memorial Day


It is my hope that everyone takes the time to remember the significance of this day...Memorial Day.  A day when we honor those who gave their lives while serving our country.  Last October, Eddie and I were fortunate to take a trip to Washington D.C.  Eddie had never been and I visited there when I was in high school.  Neither of us had ever been to the National Cemetery.  I'm so glad we took a morning to ride the subway to the cemetery and tour it's hallowed grounds. Photos cannot portray the vastness and the overwhelming feeling you have when you see the headstones. Even now, it renders me speechless. We were also fortunate to arrive at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier just as they were about to change the guards. If you are ever there, do NOT even think of not waiting and watching. These are just a few of the images I was able to capture.





So for today, my blog post does not have any crafty projects.  Just my photos to convey my appreciation to those who have died for our freedom and to those who have lost loved ones who were so dear.   Your sacrifice  and theirs is more than anyone should have to give.


Blessings and Thank You,

Sandy

Popular Posts