When Nature Calls


Hello, it's the first Monday of May which means it is time for another challenge over on Cards in Envy!  The theme for this challenge is "When Nature Calls."  Specifically cards featuring things found in "nature" either living or inanimate objects.  So.....I just couldn't let go of the idea of an outhouse for "when nature calls."  I found this cute digital image of said outhouse and colored it up with my Copics for my card.  It even came with the sentiment which I thought was perfect.  Now, I'm not sure what occasion this card would be appropriate for except maybe to let someone know you are thinking of them?  But, really, if there is a digital image WITH a sentiment, there must be a reason for using it, right?  Ha, ha.


The digital image with sentiment is by Hambo Stamps.  I used a 6x6 Authentique paper pad but I threw away the cover before jotting down the collection name.  I punched out the flowers from the same papers and added peach flat back pearls to keep the card flat enough to mail in an envy.  I finished it off by tying some rustic twine string around the card front.  The Copic colors that I used were mostly browns with a few grays and yellow for the "moon" and green for the grass.

This challenge runs for 2 weeks, through May 17th, and you can find out more about it by clicking >HERE< to head over to the CIE blog.

I have a busy week planned in both the office and the crafty room. Will you be busy this week too?

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts