Ouch! Why I can't be crafty today....


Since I don't like posts without a photo, I added the one above of a page from the mini album I made of our granddaughter Emily's Graduation from high school three years ago.  As the blog title states, I cannot craft today nor yesterday and we'll have to wait and see how I'm doing tomorrow. I'm bummed.  I have so much I need/want to do! Yesterday morning (Thursday) around 4:30 a.m. I was suddenly awakened by lightning.   Big lightning!  Since I didn't want my computer and internet hit by lightning, I jumped out of bed to go unplug it.  But I didn't make it.  My back and left leg decided to take that moment to go into excruciating pain mode!!  Oh my gosh!  It hurt so bad.  So hubby had to go unplug all our electronics and I ended up staying in bed all day icing my hurting back & leg.  And today too.  Plus added in some stretching exercises and pressure point treatment thanks to my daughter.  I think it is getting better.  I hope so. I need some sleep tonight. Last night I only slept an hour or two because of the pain. So anyway, this has put a damper in my weekend/holiday plans.  We have a family wedding we planned on attending tomorrow night.  I'll just have to wait and see if I can move better, stand and or sit well by then.  Plus I have a few more kits to cut for next weeks class and of course I wanted to work on a couple of design team projects.  But first, I must take it easy for now.

In the morning early, you will notice a blog post and card that I created several days ago and pre-scheduled the post. This is for the annual Operation Write Home Memorial Day blog hop.  In case you haven't heard, the theme of the blog hop is "Finishing Strong" because on August 1, 2015, Operation Write Home will cease operations.  They will no longer be sending cards to troops and as a result they will not accept cards after the August 1st date.  If you have any cards that you've made for them, make sure you get them in before that date and also check the guidelines for what they will be accepting.  If you've got fall or Christmas cards they will not need those.

If like us here in North Texas you are expecting rain or storms over the weekend, I hope you'll check out my blog post and then click on the link to the OWH post to visit the various blogs participating in the hop.  You'll get a lot of great card ideas.

Blog Hop Link >HERE< The hop goes live early Saturday morning, May 23, 2015.

I also pre-scheduled a special post for Monday, Memorial Day.  It features a few of my photos from Washington D.C. that I took last October.

I hope you each have a safe weekend.  It's time for me to lay on more ice.  Brrrr....it does get cold but it does help, a LOT!

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts