The Month of May {Throwback Thursday}


For today's Throwback Thursday I'm not going very far back on my blog--just to last May.  While looking over my past projects and posts, I came upon this one and decided to share it again.  For me, the Month of May is both happy and sad.  It's the month we celebrated my Mother's birthday, followed in a few days by Mother's Day.  It's hubby's birth month too, though he doesn't care if we celebrate or not. (Or so he says) Ha, ha.  May is also the birth month of my brother Danney and my sweeet niece Christy and then it became the month of my Dad's passing followed 10 years later by the passing of my sister (Christy's mother) and  the next year the death of my oldest brother Donald.  So, yes, May is filled with both gladness and sadness.

Last year I did a calendar project using Graphic 45 A Place in Time Collection and this Recollection 8x8 stand.  I loved using the beautiful papers and different embellishments for each month.  I especially loved the papers for May--the sweet image of the Mother and baby and the words "Dearest Mother."  I still display this project in my craft room and turn the pages for each month.

I hope you have a great day. I have some work to do in the office and then I'll be heading up to my crafty room.  We just had a bit of rain and may be getting more this afternoon.  I'm good with that as long as we don't have any severe storms!

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts