The Trashy Part of Papercrafting


Ever since I started papercrafting, making cards and mini albums and using lots of Scor-Tape (with the peel off backing papers), I've struggled with wrangling my trash.  I've hung a trash bag on my worktable but it would just fall off.  I've put a HUGE basket (like a bushel size) on the floor by me and still most of the trash goes on the floor.  No matter what I used for my trash, MOST of it would be on my worktable cluttering up the area I needed for my creations.  What to do???!!  For this Technique Tuesday, I'm sharing a trashy tip that is working pretty good for me.


I bought these cute cardboard "baskets" at Walmart to hold bits & pieces at classes that I teach.  One was sitting on my worktable.  It was empty and I was working on a mini album and peeling off all that tape backing and it was accumulating  and getting in my way.  So I picked it all up and threw it in this little basket.  And then I started using it all the time this way.  And you know what?  My worktable is staying cleaner and even the floor doesn't look so bad.  When this basket gets full, I just dump the contents into the larger basket on the floor which will get sorted later for true trash and recycling.    If you have trouble with crafty trash.  Give this a try.  It might work for you too!

Happy and Cleaner Crafting!

Popular Posts