Bonus! With Two Finish it Friday Projects TODAY!!


Yes, you read the title correctly!  TWO Finish it Friday projects today!  Late post but still....TWO projects.  Here's how THAT happened. Ha, ha.

Last Friday as I was scrambling around, rummaging through project totes looking for the paper, ephemera and embellishments I wanted for my Paper Phenomenon Christmas Stocking and Mini Album project that I wanted to finish; I came across the above unfinished Christmas Card Book.  It looked a bit different on the front when I found it.  And the pages were unfinished and there were no Christmas cards inside the book. So last Friday evening, I changed the cover and spine, added the decorative piece and then I started patterning the pages with Christmas papers AND then before I knew it I was adding the Christmas cards.  At midnight or shortly before, I finished it.  A true Finish it Friday project.  Of course, I have to share it today.  It's the size of a regular book and fits nicely on a shelf and all it holds are Christmas cards we've received along with Christmas card photos.  This is my second book and I will be making more.  I love them!


You may be able to tell in the photo above that the first sets of pages were patterned using glue. Which now I use ATG gun and like so much better as the pages don't "warp."  The last third or half of the pages were patterned using the ATG gun and look much flatter, I think.


I love that I add Christmas cards and make some into tags and also have a place for the cards that feature family photos!  I used to put my Christmas cards along with my Christmas photos in a scrapbook album but haven't scrapbooked traditionally in years.

This afternoon, I ended up finding a bit of time (after finishing the class kits for tomorrow) to work on the mini album that goes in the Christmas stocking that I made following a Paper Phenomenon tutorial.  I didn't have much left to do in this album so I was able to finish it today for another true Finish it Friday project!  Below is the stocking which is made out of chipboard. The album sits inside the stocking.  I finished it up to look like a Christmas gift.


I added a bow to the spine of the album so it would be at the top inside the stocking.


I used Bo Bunny's Elf Christmas collection from a few years ago to pattern the pages and added just a few embellishments.  I wanted to use the papers for most of the decorating and leave room for photos.



I have a few more things to pack up for my class tomorrow so I'm going to head upstairs and get that all done so I'll be ready to leave for Flossie Scrapper in Joshua/Burleson, Texas early in the morning.  If you aren't taking the class and would like some crafty shopping therapy, Vicky is having a SUPER sale at the store. More info is on the Flossie Scrapper Facebook Page.  She's also got some new Authentique Halloween paper in AND will be getting the newest Graphic 45 papers in on Wednesday!!

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts