Finish it Friday - Twas the Night Before Christmas Mini Mini Album


Got a late start on this week's Finish it Friday project!  Had to go to Walmart for groceries and it took forever! Maybe we won't have to go next week!!  Anyway, I started in on a "new" or rather different unfinished project that I'd like to get done.  Last November or December? I designed and taught a class on the larger Twas the Night Before Christmas Mini Album--the one with the finished front (flowers and bow on it). I had a lot of left over paper scraps of the fabulous Graphic 45 Twas the Night Before Christmas paper collection so I decided to make a smaller album with it. I got the album cover made and patterned and the pages made but that's as far as I got last year. The bigger album is done.  The smaller one is now my current Finish it Friday project that I will be working on for the next several Fridays.

Today I pulled out some of the papers and a snowflake punch and worked on the two pages below:


So far I love how it's turning out!  The snowflake ribbon is perfect with that punch.  The left page has a flap with a magnetic closure that lifts up and the right page is a pocket.  This album is small--measures about 5 1/2" wide x 6  1/2" tall.  I added an elastic closure piece on the right cover and will be adding a brad or button closure on the left cover front to wrap the elastic around to keep it closed.  This little album doesn't have many pages in it as I want to add more flips, flaps and pockets.

I won't be working on it next week as hubby and I are going out of town for our Labor Day Weekend trip to Matagorda for some Bay and Ocean fishing.  We are leaving on Thursday.  I'm looking forward to our mini vacation.  We'll be staying in our RV Fifth Wheel (34 ft) camper in the Matagorda Nature Preserve campground on the Colorado River near the beach on the Gulf of Mexico in Texas.  But check back September 11th as I hope to have time to work on this then.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts