Seeing Red for "Picture Day"


In September of 2008, I signed up for an online digital photography class.  My assignment for the week  was to take a photo of something red.  That weekend I was attending a scrapbooking retreat in Mt. Calm, Texas and I drove the 2+ hours from Weatherford constantly on the look out for “something” red.  A barn. A sign.  Anything!  But I did not see one thing red that I wanted to take a photo of until I got to the Compass Centre where the retreat was held.  There it was.  A vintage red pickup truck!  Oh my gosh!  The owner’s husband drove it around their farm.  I was quite thrilled on Saturday afternoon when he parked it right by the back door and this is what I shot and turned in for my picture that week.  Overall I got a good rating for the picture.  It lacked an interesting sky background, but then there wasn’t a cloud in that September sky.  I, however, like it just this way.

The assignment also included taking a photo of something that makes you happy.  At the time I was possibly killing two birds with one stone by taking a photo of a cold Dr. Pepper and hot popcorn, which does make me happy.  This photo would have passed for a shot of something red.  By the way the popcorn photo did get a  “photo of the week” rating from the instructor.  I still like the truck one better though.


These images were originally posted on my photography blog but I'm in the process of moving some of those photos to this blog each week.  I just had some popcorn for an afternoon snack with water. I no longer drink Dr. Pepper but I do drink Diet Pepsi!  What is your favorite snack?

Happy Crafting and Photo Taking!

Popular Posts