Color Me Happy Monday with Crazy Birds!


Isn't this red bird the cutest?!!  This little guy is from the Tim Holtz Crazy Birds set (rubber stamps). I bought mine at Flossie Scrapper in Joshua/Burleson, Texas a few weeks ago.  This afternoon I thought I'd do a bit of coloring after I got done with the laundry and office stuff. And then after I colored this one, I had to make a card with it!  The bird is colored with the Chameleon Markers that I also bought at Flossie Scrapper. I stamped the image with Black Tuxedo Memento Ink and used just three Chameleon Markers--Y03 Warm Sunset, R04 Crimson Red and CG8 Cool Gray.  I used a background stamp for the "grass/ivy" with Stampin' Up! Lucky Limeade ink.  The bow is tied with jute twine and the sentiment was created and printed up from my computer.  Red cardstock for the mat and white cardstock for the card base with a piece of 6x6 printed paper from Cosmo Cricket's "Tea for Two" collection. Oh yes! The crazy bird is on a Wobbler spring!

Then I stamped one more of the Crazy Birds and started coloring on him.  I'm hoping to get the Tim Holtz hats and accessories stamp set that goes with these cute birds.  Not sure if they are at Flossie Scrapper yet or not but I'll be checking on that this coming weekend when I'm at the store.  I've just used an olive green color on this guy along with the cool gray, though in the photo the green shows up more yellow/gold, but it is green.  I used a touch of the Warm Sunset for his beak.  I want to add a witch's hat when I get that other stamp set and use this for a Halloween card.


These Chameleon markers are fun to color with, though I'm still getting used to them!  I'll be doing a lot more coloring with them as I plan on teaching a coloring class with the Chameleon markers AND these Crazy Birds at Flossie Scrapper in September.  No other details are available just yet, but I think it will be on Saturday afternoon on September 26.  Check with Vicky for more information.

I love to color.  Coloring makes me happy!  How about you?

Happy Crafting (and Coloring!)



.

Popular Posts