Christmas Card Keepsake Book for Throwback Thursday


This is the Christmas Card Keepsake book that I made on January 1, 2014.  I wanted something to create that day and had been "thinking" about taking down my Christmas decorations and cards that we'd received over the holidays.   I never throw my cards away and usually put them in my scrapbook albums with the Christmas layout pages for each year but I'd gotten a few years behind. Back in November of 2013, I'd  watched a few tutorial videos that made books out of cards but then the cards are painted on and altered and used as art journal books.  I saw one though that had you cutting the cards to make tags for a binder book, so I decided to take that concept, put a spin on it by  my making my own book and using my cards for the tags and pockets and even some of the pages.
 

This book measures 6 3/4″ wide x 9 ” tall.  It’s  real thick and the added cards do make it stand open so I created a belly band closure that slips over the entire book and holds it closed.  It has the belly band on it in the first photo and the band has been removed in the photo above.  You can see how I made tags out of the sentiments and signature greetings of the cards and used some of the card fronts to create pockets.  There are no other decorations in the book except for the cards.  I love how it turned out!  



On the page on the left above, I created the pocket out of patterned paper and then added an element that was on the front of a card and used a black marker to draw the legs of the sled. Inside the pocket is a letter that was written inside the card.  What’s great about this book is, you can add all those great photo cards and put letters and personal notes in the pockets. This book is for two Christmases–2012 and 2013. I hope this encourages to save your greeting cards that you receive--Christmas, Birthday, Anniversary, Wedding, Baby, All Occasions and create a book to showcase them in!

Happy Crafting (And Don't Throw Away Your Cards!!)

Popular Posts