Feels Like Fall + Bookworm Card for Throwback Thursday


Yes, today it feels so much like Fall (Autumn). At least like a Texas Fall day!  We had a cold front come through yesterday and it dropped our temps over night into the 60s (f) and today's high will be in the upper 80s (f), which is definitely a big change from the 100s (f) and upper 90s (f).  But it's just a teaser.  It's still summer here!  However, since kids will be going back to school real soon (some this week and more next week) I thought I'd share this card from last July for my Throwback Thursday post.  I know that's not throwing it back very far, but I do love this card and it reminds me of Fall and school.

Here's what I had to say last year about creating this card:
This super cute bookworm apple image is by Robyn’s Fetish. I colored it up with my Copic markers and added a bit of the clear Wink of Stella brush pen to the leaf, apple and worm.  I fussy cut out the image and attached it to the card with a Wobbler spring. I still love using those on my cards! For the papers, I pulled out a 6×6 Christmas pad.  Yes, I said Christmas though you certainly wouldn’t know it if I hadn’t told you. Always remember to check out your Christmas papers for non-Christmas cards. You might find just what you need!  This pad that I used was by Authentique and I think it was the “Wonder” collection.  I used flower punches to make the flowers and added red Dew Drops for the centers. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink “Mailbox Greetings” set.  And I stamped it with Really Red Stampin’ Up! Ink.

And that's my Throwback Thursday project. I'm super busy this week cutting kits for my class on Saturday at Flossie Scrapper in Joshua/Burleson, Texas.  We will be doing a repeat class on the Photo Frame Memory Box and Mini Album designed by Kathy Orta King of Paper Phenomenon. I purchased a license to teach it a couple of years ago and it is a very popular project. Registration is closed as of yesterday though and I will be finishing up the kits today and in the morning. Hopefully I will have a bit of time to do my Finish it Friday project tomorrow and share it in a post on Friday afternoon or evening.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts