What's Happening Wednesday? Flower Wagon Sneak Peek!


This sneak peek is for my friend Jackie!  Well, it's for all of you but Jackie did ask for some photos at different angles as she wants to create something similar (maybe).  It took me about a week to take these photos though so she may have already moved on with ideas of her own.

Anyway, mine is to be a flower cart/gypsy type wagon.  The base of it is made from my circus wagon tutorial with some additions for the roof and porch.  The little ledge that sticks out on the side there, it will have the little black "wrought" iron fence edging like what's on the front porch and I will fill it with flowers.  Not sure when this will be 100% complete as I plan on punching out and making a lot of the flowers from paper.  This may be my project to work on at the September Crop Retreat I'm attending at Mt. Calm.  In the photo above you can see the album on the left sitting on top of the paper pads I'm using for this album.  I'm working with two different Heartfelt Creations paper lines with one of them being "Once Upon a Time."

Here are more photos of the wagon.  Keep in mind, it is not finished.  I will be adding the fencing, more vines and lots of flowers.

This is the "gate" end of the wagon where you put the album and this will become the front of my wagon.


This shows one side with the little platform that still needs "fencing."  The roof is layered and made from border punches out of black cardstock and pink cardstock.  Accented with flat back pearls.  Some areas still need a bit more glue to make them lay down better.




This is the front end of the wagon with the little porch and the roof does overhang over the porch.  I plan to add some sort of steps to the porch and hang a little bird cage.  There is a "column" punched out of several layers of cardstock on each side that runs from the roof line down to the fencing.  It was punched with the Big Shot and a Tim Holtz sign post die.  You can see it better in one of the side view photos.




One more photo of the side showing the vine and the wheels underneath.  Those are the Tim Holtz vintage metal wheels
.

I know I've used elements like the key hole and pocket watch that are out of proportion with the windows, doors and fences but I don't care. I'm thinking my flower wagon is owned by little people like those in the novel "The Borrowers"  by Mary Norton.

And that's it for today.  I have yet to get up to the craft room this week to work on anything.  I did get the room cleaned and did a bit of re-organizing and putting things away on Sunday.  It really needed it.  Tomorrow I'll probably share a project from the past year or so that I have here on the blog and then Friday should be the last day for my Halloween album for Finish it Friday so I can start on another unfinished project next week.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts