Finish It Friday - Flip Hinge Mini Album {Part 2}


Well it seems that my Finish it Friday posts will be late in the afternoons especially when I actually work on a Finish it Friday project on Friday!  Last week I shared that I was going to start working on this 8x8 Flip Hinge Mini album this week to get it finished.    I did pulled out the papers and the embellishments a few days ago and worked a few hours on it and then worked on it more this afternoon.

Here's what I got done on it today for Finish it Friday--I went ahead and decorated the front cover of the album.  After looking at my flowers and butterflies and other elements I wanted for this album, I decided it was best to go ahead and do this part before I ran out of the pretty things I wanted to use on it.  I love how it turned out!  For this album, I'm using a K & Company paper pad (12x12) that I bought last year at Michael's store.  It does not have a name on it except for "Designer Paper."  It comes with 54 sheets and I bought two pads.  So I have PLENTY of paper for this one!  The flowers are a combination of Prima and Petaloo.  The butterfly is from Recollections and the pretty blue heart shaped "jewel" is just from a cheap toy ring.  The ribbon I used is Hug Snug Seam Binding.  Below is a closeup of the butterfly and jewel.




Next, I created a photo mat tag with a topper tab to go inside the side pocket of the first page.  I hand cut the topper design as I did not feel like pulling out my Big Shot and dies.  Lazy?  Yes.  And in a hurry.  Luckily it turned out okay.


Then I matted two of the unfinished pages with a light blue print paper but only had time to create a pocket and decorate the left side.  I glued the pretty lace/pearl trim to the top edge of the pocket, inserted and glued a stem of Prima flowers into one side of the pocket and added another of those pretty butterflies.  I then created a photo mat and a journaling mat to insert into the pocket.


I hope I get to work on the rest of the pages off and on throughout next week and really get this album finished next Friday.  Check back then here on my blog to see if I make it.  If I do, of course I will share the rest of the pages.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts