Sweet Sentiments {Throwback Thursday}


Many months ago, one of my nephews asked for "something" from me that I'd made to add to his collection of things made by his mother and grandmother (my mother).  I knew I wanted to give him an album but wasn't sure if I wanted to give him one from my collection or make a new one.  Each time I thought if starting one, I came back to this one that I made last February/March--maybe this would be a good one to give him.  Fast forward to this past weekend. I'd still not given him an album but when he sent me a text that he was in the hospital I decided that this would be the album and that I would take it to him when I went to visit him. I gave it to him on Sunday.  It showcases all the things and colors that I love about papercrafting,  I hope he likes it.  It's a beautiful spring themed album created with the gorgeous Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments papers.  I originally showcased this album on my blog March 5, 2014. 

Here's a bit of what I had to say in that blog post:
A couple of weeks ago as I was packing for an impromptu crop day with my friend Barb to work on our Graphic 45 Place in Time calendar project, I decided to quickly put an album cover and hidden hinge together for the Sweet Sentiments papers to take with me just in case I got tired of working on the other project.  My friend Barb was a little late arriving, so while I waited , I went ahead and covered the outside of the album with papers but that’s all I got done until this past weekend.  March 1st was a beautiful spring like day, I had some errands to run and took a nice walk outside but this album was calling out to me to “finish it!”  So I did spend part of the day creating the pages and pockets.



And that's my Throwback Thursday post for today.  It's not spring yet but this album is great to look at and hope for spring.  What have you made that you've given to a loved one as a keepsake?

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts