Throwback Thursday ~ Love


Hello Crafty Peeps!  It's Thursday and time for a little "throwback" to 2011.  I'd bought a  heart shaped box of chocolates for hubby for Valentine's Day but didn't like the "cover" so I altered it!  I added some pre-pleated red ribbon around the edge of the lid (I think I bought it at Michael's) and then added a strand of craft pearls.  Next I used the lid for a pattern and cut out patterned paper to cover the plain box front.  Then I added a large pink heart that I punched holes in around the edge and laced red ribbon through, tied a big fluffy bow and glued on the red rose.  Lastly I added the cutout "love" and cute digital image from Hambo Stamps of two dragons that I colored with my Copic Markers.  I loved how it turned out.

Altering something is really easy and makes it uniquely your own. What's your favorite thing that you've altered?

Popular Posts