Happy Valentine's Day!

"My heart to you is given:
Oh, do give yours to me;
We'll lock them up together,
And throw away the key."
~Frederick Saunders


Here's my completed heart shaped album that I made for Valentine's Day.  I didn't make it for any special reason--just that I wanted too.  Actually, I was cleaning through some of my scrapbooking supplies a few weeks ago and came across this heart shaped album that I don't even remember buying!  Obviously it has been in my stash. Way. Too. Long.  So I set about creating with it. The album is a Creative Imaginations "Beverly" Heart Book.  I used 12x12  "Secret Crush" papers by Pink Paislee, some odd and ends Valentine ribbons that I had, and various emphemera elements from several different collections.  And because I don't like albums that don't close even though I love to put chunky things in them, I punched a hole on each cover and used this pretty pink cord to make a tie closure.  I shared in a earlier post how I finished the edges of this album with a red Marvy paint pen from Scrappin' Goodtime in Corsicana, Texas.  The bow on the front is a "junk bow" that I made with left over short pieces of ribbon and some tulle.  I really love how it looks on this album and may do a quick tutorial one day on how to make these types of bows.


Since I'm not sure what photos (or notes) I will be putting in this album, I left most of the pages blank and just patterned them with the pretty papers.  

I hope you are each having a wonderful Valentine's day whether you spend it with your love, your friends,  your family or just spend it doing something you love to do.  My husband has to work today so I will be spending the day in my craft room.  He did give me some beautiful roses yesterday and we will have dinner at home as it will be just crazy busy at most of the restaurants tonight!


Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts