Throwback Thursday~ Sharing Love




I created this file folder mini album back in February 2013 and shared it on my blog on February 28th.  Between February 10th (my birthday) and February 28th, I think a lot about my parents and how much I miss them.  I think of them all the time but especially in February.  In 2013 when I shared this mini album, I shared it in honor of my parents on their anniversary date--February 28, 1933.  It's a special day to me as I'll always be thankful that they fell in love and were married by a Justice of the Peace with a friend and cousin as witnesses on that day so long ago.

These types of albums are really easy to make.  It's made out of one file folder.  Here's what I had to say about it in the original post.
The papers I used for the album are so beautiful, especially the one on the front,  that I felt it didn’t need much embellishing but decided to add the beautiful rose from my stash along with a couple of other flowers.  I used glue to attach these to the cover so they would not come off in the future.  I have found that glue dots do not hold up well in extreme temperatures like we have in Texas.  I know this because one summer my central air unit went out and it took 2 weeks for repair and the temps were well over 100 degrees.  And in my craft room anything that had been stuck on with a glue dot, fell off during that two weeks.  On the tab to the right, I attached a die cut I had in my stash that said “Love”.  Which is the title for this album. Oh, yes, the 6×6 designer paper collection that I used for this album was the Carta Bella “Beautiful Moments.”


Can't believe that this week is almost over.  Before we know it February 2015 will be gone! Wow! Along with designing and working on a new album for a potential Spring class, I've also been working on finishing up my mini album that I featured the last two Fridays for "Finish It Friday."  I hope to get it DONE tomorrow!  Wish me luck!!

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts