Make it Monday ~ Valentine Cards


Today is Make it Monday--when I hope to share something that I've made on Monday or for a challenge on Monday.  For my first Make it Monday post, I was able to go upstairs to my crafty room this afternoon and make three quick and easy love or Valentine cards using Washi tape.  After I uploaded my photos, I noticed that the center card should have been turned horizontal but with this design except for the bow you could use it as a vertical card. Ha, ha.


I used the same supplies for all three cards and easily made these in about an hour, maybe a bit longer because I had to think about how I wanted to make them.

Supplies Used:

  • Assorted Washi Tapes in pinks and reds

  • Red Twine

  • Queen & Company Rhinestones

  • White Cardstock

  • Stampin' Up! Heart Punch

  • Real Red Stampin' Up! Ink

  • Signature Greetings II Acrylic Sentiment Stamps by Papertrey Ink

In the above card, I added different lengths of Washi tape by tearing the end that attached on to the card base and cutting the outer edge flush with the base with scissors.  I put the same tapes on a piece of cardstock and then punched out the hearts for the lower right corner. The twine is tied across the front of the card and a heart shaped red rhinestone added.




This next card is really made to be a horizontal card.  I cut a 4" x 5.25" piece of cardstock and added the Washi tape across at an angle.  I then trimmed all the ends that stuck out over the edges and adhered it to the card base.  Next I added the double twine bow, a red heart rhinestone and the sentiment.


For the last card, above, I took a piece of cardstock and put down the Washi tape.  Next, I cut a heart shape out of paper for a template and then laid the template over the cardstock covered with Washi tape and cut out the large heart.  I adhered the heart to the card base and then stamped the sentiment.  I then added a single twine bow and a pink rhinestone.

As I mentioned earlier, these cards were quick and easy for Make it Monday.  There's still time in the day--I hope you join me and make a few cards.

After making these, I realized that they  would be perfect for the current Cards in Envy "Hearts All A Flutter" challenge since each card has two or more hearts.  Check out the challenge at www.cardsinenvy.blogspot.com.

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts