Technique Tuesday ~Inking the Edges (Shaped Chipboard Albums)


Today for Technique Tuesday, I'm sharing a wonderful tip that I learned from Susie the owner of Scrappin' Goodtime in Corsicana, Texas.  I just love learning new things especially when it makes a crafting tasks so much easier!  From time to time I love to use shaped chipboard albums for a project.  In the past I've made a "Fishing" album for my hubby where each "page" was a chipboard letter that spelled out "Fishing."  I was telling Susie about that project and how frustrating it is to finish the edges of those shaped albums.  That's when she shared with me a most excellent tip!  In these photos, I'm just showing the edges of a heart shaped chipboard album that I'm working on this week. (I'll share the finished album on Valentine's Day).  Look closely at the red finished edges.  To me they look near perfect.  That's because I purchased a red Marvy Acrylic Paint pen from Susie and used it the way she told me to!  You press the wide tip of the pen onto the edge you want to paint and let it create a groove on your pen to easily trace around all edges while painting.  Brilliant!



I hope you'll give this technique a try.  I think you'll love it!

Happy Crafting,

Popular Posts