Technique Tuesday ~ How to Use the Wink of Stella Clear Brush Pen


Well, I know it's late in the day but since it is still Tuesday here where I am--I'm going ahead with this Technique Tuesday post!  It's been one of those days--the video was done BUT my software would not let me do a voice over, so I typed the messages on to the video and then my software would not let me hear the soundtrack music.  After much fiddling with the settings, headset etc. it's still not working so I just gave up and have uploaded the video as is.  Also, the still photo and the video images of the above project piece are totally different colors! It's the same piece but one looks orange and the other pink.  I think it was a white balance setting on my still camera but I did not have time to re-take the photos.  Oh well,  what I really want you to see is how using the clear Wink of Stella brush pen adds so much pretty glitter and sparkle to the piece.

I've always loved a bit of sparkle on sections of my papercrafts and on flowers.  My go to product has always been Stickles and I have a plethora of different colors in my craft room.  I would use a small paint brush to lightly brush the Stickle color of choice over the area I wanted sparkly.  And then I discovered Wink of Stella!  So far I've only used the CLEAR as I like how it adds just the right glitter look without changing the color or adding any color.  Since last fall, I've already gone through one pen and am now on my second one.  To be on the safe side, I bought TWO pens so I'd have one on standby.  You can buy these great brush pens at Scrappin' Goodtime in Corsicana, Texas.

Okay...here's the link to the very, very short video I did showing me coloring the above for a mini album I'm working on this week.  Maybe it will have background music and maybe it won't.  For sure it has no voice over so this time you don't have to listen to me talk. Ha, ha. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IrrbZ0wWvI


Well, I checked--no background music. Oh well, maybe I'll figure out what's wrong by next time.

Do you like to add sparkle and glitter to your craft projects?  If yes, what is your favorite glittery product.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts