The Eighth Fright Before Halloween 2104 - Vintage Halloween Blocks



I've seen several different versions of decorative blocks. Some are for your photos, some you can change out for the seasons, some have letters on each block to spell out a word (or two).  My favorite that I've seen were Halloween blocks with vintage papers.  For this project you will need at least three wood blocks 3"x3" or 3.5" x 3.5" squares.  If you don't use high powered saws, have someone cut them for you (my hubby cut mine for me) or have them cut at the lumber yard, Home Depot, Lowe's etc.  You will also need some paint, I used Martha Stewart's Chalkboard Black, and some sand paper or a sander tool.  Select several different Halloween paper prints and get to work covering your blocks.  You can also ink the edges of your papers with Tim Holtz Distress Inks such as Black Soot and then add fun Halloween decor, sticker and ephemera or even letters.


I've put mine on my fireplace mantel along with my altered frame and ghost banner.  It has been fun making some of my Halloween decorations this year!

Tomorrow and the day after I have two super fun paper craft projects I'm excited to make.  Be sure to check back!

Happy Crafting,


Popular Posts