"Jingle All the Way" for Christmas in July


Well, Summer is definitely here because it's really, really hot outside!  But to cool us off (maybe), the Cards in Envy  challenge this time is Christmas in July (Christmas cards, of course).  You do know it's just a few days over 5 months until Christmas don't you?  If you make your cards, now is a great time to start and we'd love for you to share your A2 (4.25" x 5.5" Christmas card (must be flat enough to fit in an envy for mailing) for our challenge!

For my card, I pulled out an old Authentique 6x6 paper pad called "Festive."  I came up with the idea to use the music sheet paper in that pad along with the candy cane stripe and the green to create a "jingle bell" card.  I had plenty of small jingle bells, but of course they are too thick to be put in an envelope!  So I found a free jingle bell SVG file and cut out the two bells and the sentiment with my Silhouette.  I used a light grey paper out of the 6x6 pad for the bells and then rubbed them with Inka Gold "Platinum" to get the shiny bell look. I then tied a bow for the top of the bells with American Crafts red twine/string.  The tree branch was already printed on the paper.  Perfect for the placement of the bells.  The sentiment is cut out of red cardstock and the base of the card is white cardstock from Papertrey Ink.  I love how it turned out and that it came together fairly quickly.  This might be a quick and easy card to mass produce.

Have you started on your Christmas cards yet? Or do you wait until after Halloween or after Thanksgiving or even a week before Christmas? Yikes!!

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts