The Mighty Oak Tree for Picture Day


Photo taken in April 2008

I took this photo for a digital photography class assignment with the online Perfect Picture School of Photography. The assignment was to take a photo at sunset to achieve a silhouette.  While in Comanche, Texas one weekend, I stopped by my brother’s farm with the intention of getting a silhouette of the windmill.  But the windmill was not in a location in front of the sun to allow me  to get the image I wanted, so I took this shot of a big Oak tree.  I was very pleased to not only get the silhouette at sunset but to also get the sunburst.  I’m happy to report that this photo got me a “Perfect Picture” rating for my online class!

Yesterday, July 27th,  would have been my Dad's birthday.  He's been gone from his earthly home for many years.  It's appropriate for me to share this photo in honor of him and his birthday  as it was taken on farmland in Comanche County, Texas that he once held so dear.  Happy Birthday, Daddy.  I miss you!

Happy Crafting and Photo Taking!

Popular Posts