Graphic 45 Gilded Lily Journal Book


I received the beautiful Graphic 45 Gilded Lily paper collection as my Designer project for Flossie Scrapper of Burleson/Joshua, Texas.  I absolutely loved the colors of this collection--pretty pinks and blues with some light beige thrown in.  While I loved the colors of the collection, I wasn't so sure about the images.  I called them "George Washingtonish" but in reality based on some of the phrases such as "let them eat cake" perhaps it was more Marie Antoinette. But as I started designing with it, I began to love even the images!  The flowers are to die for. Really.

These papers, for some reason, made me think of a journal and I remembered that I'd seen a fabulously designed journal book by Anne of Anne's Paper Creations a few years ago made out of a different Graphic 45 collection.  Anne graciously makes her tutorials available online and I used her design for the basis of my journal.  I did make some small changes in the construction to work for the materials I had as Anne is from Norway and then I added different elements and features on my own as I started decorating.  This journal book opens on the left for two pockets as shown below.


And then it opens on the right for the main part of the journal book.


The elements on the front cover of the book also open up to reveal a secret area.  But since it's so hard to photograph each page or part of a book like this one.


Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts