Beach Bubbles Repeated for Throwback Thursday!


This is one of my all time favorite cards that I've made.  I love everything about it--the image, the background (that I made with bubble wrap), the banner, the colors and the pretty brads.  I originally made this and posted it in May of 2013 for a Cards in Envy challenge (make your own background) and now I'm sharing it today to remind you that our current challenge on Cards in Envy is "Just Beachy" summer cards and the challenge ends on Sunday, July 19th at 6:00 p.m.  Central Daylight Savings Time.  We'd love for you to share your summer "beachy" cards with us that are A2 size (4.25" x 5.5") and flat enough to fit in an envy for mailing. Just click on this LINK to go to our challenge post on Cards in Envy.

And now a snippet from my original blog post on how I made this card:
For my card, I decided to do a technique I learned from Operation Write Home.  I don’t remember who to give credit to as I’m not sure if it was a technique tutorial or on a blog hop or what,  but I did file it away in my mind to use it some day and it was perfect for this card!  I took small bubble wrap and folded it  into a size that was easy to hold on to and pressed it down into some Stampin’ Up! Tempting Turquoise ink.  Then I stamped a white card background with the inked bubble wrap!  I love the look this left and instantly knew I wanted to use an adorable beach digi from Di’s Digi Stamps.  I colored her up with my Copic Markers

Wow! It's hard to believe it is already Thursday AND the 16th of July! Where in the world is this year going??!!  I have not had much time to work in the craft room this week.  I've been super busy in the office as it seems everybody needed to call this week for prices or to schedule jobs.  My hubby and his crews have been working really hard this week!  I got to enjoy lunch with a dear friend and I've been to yoga classes twice. It's on my agenda though to get in that craft room this afternoon and tomorrow to knock out a project or two!

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts