Happy Summer Card for a Just Beachy Challenge


We've got a really fun card challenge for you over on the Cards in Envy blog that starts today.  "Just Beachy"  is the theme and who doesn't love making beach, ocean or sea cards to celebrate summer or any summer occasion?!

For my card I knew I wanted bright colorful flip flops, sand and ocean water.  To create this card, I first googled flip flop templates.  There are several out there. I cannot remember where I found the one I used but all are very similar and you can even find cut files for them to use with your cameo or other machine.  I sized the template down to what I wanted for my card and used brightly colored patterned paper scraps from my stash. I just laid the template over the papers and cut with my scissors.  To create the background, I cut a piece of white cardstock and dry embossed it with an embossing folder and my Big Shot.  Then I inked the top part with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Salty Ocean blue and the bottom part with Antique Linen color. I assembled and attached the flip flops and tucked the "Happy Summer" sentiment flag under one of the flip flops.  I also inked the flag with Salty Ocean.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Daily Designs acrylic stamp collection and I used Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise ink to stamp it.  One important thing I forgot to share--before attaching the flip flops and sentiment, I brushed the "water" and the "sand" with Bo Bunny Glitter paste in Sugar (clear) and Frost (blue).  I love how that turned out!  The final touch was adding the Queen & Co. pink rhinestone "flowers" on to the center of the orange flowers on the flip flops.   A quick and easy card to make!

I hope you had a wonderfully fun Fourth of July weekend and I also hope that you'll find the time to make a summery, beachy card for our challenge.  The challenge runs until July 19th and you can link up to three cards.  Remember though that all cards for our challenge must be A2 size (4.25" x 5.5") AND flat enough to fit in an envy for mailing.  To find the challenge, look for the most recent post at www.cardsinenvy.blogspot.com.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts