Homemade With Love Recipe Book


On National Scrapbook Day (May 1st) I patterned and decorated this adorable recipe book.  I didn't share it back then because it was for a wedding gift for a great-niece of mine who got married on May 23rd.  I designed this book and made the cover and pages (pockets + flaps) out of cardstock and used the super cute Homemade with Love Carta Bella paper collection that you can buy at Flossie Scrapper in Joshua/Burleson, Texas.  After NSD the album was not 100% done, so on the morning of the wedding, I finished up on a few of the details and added in some photos and recipes.  I did not have photos nor the recipes of all the people that the bride might want in her book, so I left lots of blank places marked for photos and blank recipe cards.  Of course, I put myself in there. Ha, ha.  And I'm happy to report that she's already used my recipe and baked a peach cobbler!  Below are the pages featuring my Mother ( the bride's great-grandmother) on the left and me (her great-aunt) on the right.


I had a recipe and photo of another Great-Aunt that I included on the pages below.  You can see the extra places here for more photos and recipes.  I have a rubber stamp from Judith Stamps that says "Place Photo Here" which is great for gift albums as it helps the new owner of the album to know where to put photos!


This is  the inside front cover with a pocket and the first page in the book.  The top portion with the mixers flips up to reveal a blank notepad for notes.


I had so much fun making this gift and love the papers from this collection. I've uploaded the video below to show all of this fabulous album.  If you are reading this post by e-mail subscription, you will have to go to my blog or YouTube channel to view the video.





Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts