Graphic 45 Home Sweet Home Paper Bag Recipe Album



I'm sharing another recipe album today.  This one is mine, mine to keep and not earmarked for a gift! I designed this album back in March for Scrappin' Goodtime and thought I'd shared it here on the blog but after looking, I think I only shared a sneak peek of it.  Oh dear. That won't do at all. Ha, ha.   This is a paper bag album.  I made it with large lunch bags that I bought at Walmart. The bags make the pages, pockets and the outer cover of the album.  I used the fabulous Graphic 45 Home Sweet Home paper collection along with chipboard tags and ephemera.  I just love how all the different elements of that collection come together to create this beautiful cover.  The "recipe" title is embossed with Tim Hotz Distress Embossing Powder and stamped with a Graphic 45 letter stamp set. I love how it turned out and that style of lettering fits so perfectly with the look of the album.   I had seen a small paper bag mini album on the Graphic 45 blog and loosely followed the instructions/idea to create this   larger size paper bag album.  I loved the wrapped cover idea and used it for my book.  TheHug Snug ribbon is the closure and unwraps from the left side.   The lacy trim is punched from Kraft cardstock.  I fussy cut out the beautiful poppy flowers and glossed them with 3-D Lacquer.



Inside the album are lots of pockets and flaps.  I designed the recipe cards in Word on my computer so I would have lots of extra blank cards for this album.  You can even put in larger cards and recipes into the pockets created by the paper bags.






Below is one of my favorite pages in the book.  It's a photo of my sweet Mother and so far, I've included her recipes for Blackberry Cobbler and Fried Chicken!  She was a marvelous cook.  Her recipes are different than most as I had to just write down how she said to do it because she never used a recipe!





This next page features a photo of my Grandmother (my Mother's Mother).  I have her Chow-Chow recipe and her Butter Roll recipe.



I also have a page for each of my Aunts from my Mother's side of the family (her sisters).  First Aunt

This is a wonderful paper collection from Graphic 45!  If you are looking for a collection for your own recipe album, you might want to consider this one.  I believe you can still find the collection at Scrappin' Goodtime in Corsicana and for sure at Flossie Scrapper in Burleson/Joshua, Texas as I saw it when I was there a few weeks ago.

I'm heading upstairs now to finishing putting album and wagon pieces into bags for my Circus Wagon class on Saturday at Flossie Scrapper. We still have a few spots open if you are looking for something to do this Saturday.  The wagon/album class starts at 10:00 a.m. and  is $65 with lunch included or you can choose to create the album only for $30 and that class starts at 2:00 p.m.  Call Flossie Scrapper for more info and to register at: 817-295-7100

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts