The Elusive Longhorns for Picture Day


I took these photos in May 2008.

Down the road from where we live are about a dozen Longhorn cattle.  They are beautiful.  And I became obsessed with getting some photos of them.  Only problem was, every time I had my camera with me they were either no where to be seen or so far from the road that I could not get a good shot of them.  It became a game.  My husband knew I wanted to take photos of the Longhorns.  My daughter and her husband knew I wanted to take photos of the Longhorns. They began to call me from their cell phones as they drove by the Longhorns to tell me  that they were indeed in photograph range.  I would grab my camera, rush to my van and drive the mile or so down the road only to find them gone!  This happened many times.  This happened for several weeks until finally one day…..

There they were! Right by the fence.   And they were very happy to pose for my camera.





There were several calves in the herd.   They were a little cautious and stayed close to their moms!



And lastly, my absolute favorite of the entire shoot…Lady Longhorn and her calf.  This photo earned me an outstanding rating in a photography class I was taking.  I was pretty excited about that!


And those are my photos of the elusive Longhorns.  What or Who is it that you've always wanted to get photos of?

Happy Crafting and Picture Taking!

Popular Posts