Look Who's in the Dog House Project Revised!


Yep.  It's been "revised" for the better (I think).  This is my dog house "box" that I designed last September.  It got put on a shelf and though I recorded videos of me making it, I never got around to editing those videos and converting them into a written tutorial.  The days, weeks and months go by way too fast! It seems like I just designed this!! Anyway, a few weeks ago I took it off the shelf, looked it over and did a few revisions and additions.  First I added the latch closure to the front of the dog house so it would close better because.....I added an extra mini album.  Now there are TWO mini albums inside the dog house!  I also added some "signs" on the roof and the Home Sweet Home sign on the front and Washi tape.  Below is the first album that I made last year to go inside the dog house.  The only change on this is  that I cut the "collar" closure down and fixed the buckle down permanently; it was just too hard to try and unlatch that collar every time you wanted to look inside the album.  It's still a collar, it's just not fastened anymore.  I also added a piece to the spine with a brad and string to help with taking the album out of the dog house.  Washi tape was added to the cover and to some of the pages on the inside.





And then I created the second album and made it to fit into the dog house along with the first album.  So....this second one is the same size but has a narrower spine and less pages/pockets/flaps.  I'm sad to say that I FORGOT to create a video when I made this second album!  But it's made just like the first one with a different size spine and I did write down the measurements for that!  The pages are made the same with different flaps and pockets.  It also has a brad and string piece on the spine to help with removing it from the dog house.


I did; however, record a video showcasing this album along with the dog house box and the first album for a fun flip through to show you what they both look like.  Now, I do hope to get the tutorial done on this along with the instructional videos of the dog house and album #1.  When will that be? Your guess is as good as mine!  So far I've only had time to upload TWO of the tutorial videos and then I have to see if I can transcribe the instructions from the videos for the written tutorial.  It takes time. Which this week I do not have much of.  I got caught up with my office stuff yesterday and thought today would be an easy one. Nope. That didn't happen.  Plus the internet was down for half the day as they made repairs.  Ugh.  Now I'm behind again.  Since this paper collection on this project is from last year (Bo Bunny Happy Tails), if you were to make a dog or cat project, what paper collection would you use or were you lucky and still have this collection on hand?

Oops! Almost forgot....here's the video:




Happy Crafting!



Popular Posts