By the Sea, By the Sea, By the Beautiful Sea...Graphic 45


I decided to make a card just for fun. This is not the card in the photo above, but the envelope for it!  About a month or so ago, I was playing around with some of my older Graphic 45 paper collections that I've already used but save all the scraps of and the extra sheets.  I decided to have a go at creating a Z Fold Pop Up Card using this fabulous By the Sea collection.  After I made the card, I needed a special envelope for it so I created this and tied it close with some twine and actual shells that had a hole in them.  I think it turned out really charming.

Here's the actual card. It's propped up against the envelope and standing so you can see the "pop up" element of this Z card.


Everything folds up completely flat so it fits in the envelope.  I didn't make a tutorial on this as you can google "Z Fold Popup Cards" and find several on YouTube.  If you are interested in making one similar to mine, here are the measurements I used:

  1. Cut 1 piece of cardstock at 4.25" X 11" and score the 11" side at 5.5" and 2.75"--that will give you the "Z" shape for the card.

  2. Cut another piece of cardstock at 1" x 11" and score at 5.5" and 2.75"--this will make the pop up part of the card where you attach all the fussy cut elements and decorations.  I tucked some light blue tulle behind the last element to resemble water or the ocean.

  3. Cut patterned paper to cover each section of the card.

Again, to assemble and for detailed instructions, just goggle "Z Fold Popup Cards."

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts