Have a Spooktacular Halloween in Purple & Green


Boo!

Hope I didn't scare you! Ha, ha.  Of course it's not Halloween yet but I do love making Halloween cards and projects so I made this cute card for the Cards in Envy challenge that starts today. It's a color challenge--Purple & Green!  I sorted through my Halloween papers and found this cute purple with bats pattern and a fabulous green dots pattern which I knew would be perfect for this card. I stamped the images using a new Lawn Fawn stamp set (well, new for me) and colored it up with my Copics.  I used several shades of grey and dark purple to show the house at night time.

Here's the list of products and some of the tools that I used:

  • 12x12 Doodlebug Haunted Manor Paper--"Going Batty" and "Gallery of Ghouls"

  • Lawn Fawn "Happy Haunting" Acrylic Stamp Set

  • Copic Markers

  • Scrapbook Ahesives 3D Foam Squares (to give the house a bit of lift off the card background)

  • Doodlebug Halloween Twine

  • Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Ink in Dusty Concord for the sentiment

  • Eclipse Masking Sheet to stamp the moon, tree and ghost slightly behind the house

  • Memento Black Tuxedo Ink (you want to use this ink when stamping if you plan on coloring your images with Copic markers)

  • Misti Stamping Tool (I love, love, love this tool and it makes stamping images soooooooo easy!)

And that's it for today.  I do hope you'll try and join us for this card challenge at Cards in Envy. While it's a time that many make Halloween cards and if that's what you want to make, that's great but you can also make a card for any occasion as long as it has purple and green on it.  Just make sure your card is flat enough to fit in an envelope for mailing--it can be any size and any shape.

Tomorrow is the start of my Third Annual Thirteen Frights Before Halloween here on my blog and on my YouTube channel!  I'll be making a cute Halloween gift bag album and working on it each day for 13 days so it will be done by Halloween!  You can work along with me if you like and we'll have a frightfully good time!

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts