Frame It! Cards in Envy Card Challenge


Hello everyone!  Vacation time is over and I'm back in the crafty room!  Hubby and I had a great time on our trip to Le Claire, Iowa for our Twilight Riverboat cruise but I did miss crafting just a bit. Which is why I just had to stop and shop for a few things I
needed wanted at a great scrapbook store in Ankeny, Iowa--Memory Bound Scrapbook .  It was raining there as we drove down the freeway so it was a great way to get out of the traffic for a while. Ha, ha.

I have this bright and cheerful card for the Cards in Envy card challenge that starts up today using some of the things I bought at Memory Bound Scrapbook Store. The theme this time is "Frame It!"  I decided to use lots of layers to create "frames" and to frame the cat image on a tag.  This is a bigger card than I usually make--it's a 5 1/2" square but I wanted the fun papers to really show up.

Here are the details on what I used to make this card:

  • Patterned Paper - 6x6 Puppy Love (Yes, it is puppy paper but I used the prints that would work with a cat image) by Doodlebug Design Inc.

  • Labels & Tags - by Doodlebug Design Inc. (I used these to frame the cat and the sentiment.)

  • Acrylic Stamp of cat and sentiment - Jane's Doodles, Cats at Play Stamp Set

  • Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black

  • Markers - Copic

  • Adhesive - E-Z Runner Grand and Crafty Foam Tape both by Scrapbook Adhesives

  • Card Base - White Cardstock by Papertrey Ink

  • Ribbon - From my stash

I love how this turned out.  The bright colors are perfect and the stamp set is so cute! I plan on using more cat images in the future from this set.

Please do try to join in on the challenge fun over on Cards in Envy.  This challenge runs for two weeks and we'd love to see what you create as a card that's been "framed."

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts