2015 State Fair of Texas for "Picture Day"




There he is! Big Tex in his 2015 duds for The State Fair of Texas in Dallas.  For the last few years, I've decided that it's easier to walk around and enjoy the fair by NOT carrying my big camera. So I use my iPhone instead.  And I take way fewer photos too.  But I always capture a photo of Big Tex!  I was pleased with how this one turned out as I've got Big Tex, The Ferris Wheel, the Cotton Bowl and part of the Tower building and the Texas flag (the wind was not blowing) all in one photo! Hubby and I played hooky from our business last week and went on a Thursday.  Less crowded and we get in free.  Yep, we're that old.  Seniors 60+ get in free.  If you've earned it, use it, is what I say! Ha, ha.

I wanted a selfie of us in front of Big Tex.  The sun was bright and to be in front of Big Tex meant that we were facing the sun.  Eddie does not like facing the sun.  That's what he was complaining about and it was pretty bright, that; plus if you know my hubby, you know he does not like having his photo made very often. So I'm lucky I got what I got!  With the iPhone it was hard to see what it would look like.  I'm happy that I got most of Big Tex (he's just missing a hand). And look at my profile shadow on Eddie's shirt! That's how bright the sun was!!




I always have to take a photo of pigs and in the Children's petting barn I found all these baby piggies and their mama!


The Vintage Car Corral had Model A's on the day we were at the fair.  It was almost time for them to go home by the time we walked over.  We spent quite a bit of time talking to one of the owners. He was very proud of his car and he was a former Air Force pilot and flew small aircraft like Eddie, so they had a lot to talk about.  Before the Model A's all drove away, I got a photo of this pretty red pickup!


We stayed for the parade and then walked down the Midway so I could get this photo of the Midway sign and the Texas Star (the Ferris Wheel) at night.


It was a fun day.  The weather and temperature was perfect.  We were pretty tired though.  I think it took me three days to get rested up. Ha, ha.

Happy Crafty and Picture Taking,

Popular Posts