October Blog Update, Halloween Page Layout + Altered Box


I used to do a lot of 12x12 scrapbooking of my photos. I still create a page now and then but mostly I make cards and mini albums.  Since I didn't really have anything to blog about today and I wanted to blog so I could share an update or two, I went in search of something crafty to share and came across this page layout.  I've blogged about it before but since it's October and Halloween is coming soon, I figured it was good to share again today. The photo on this layout shows hubby and I at our daughter Brandy's Halloween party in 2010.  We were prom dates that got in a very bad accident on the way to the prom.  I have glass pieces in my neck and bloody gashes all over me--face and arm.  I even lost my pretty shoes in the wreck but luckily found one and carried it around on my arm.  By the deathly white color of my face, I obviously "died" in the wreck and ended up at the mortuary which was the "location" of the Halloween party.  My daughter nearly always did a theme party and in 2010 it was "Rowan's Mortuary" and the whole place was decorated to look like a creepy, haunted mortuary.  Eddie (my date) was still alive but had tire marks up the back of his suit.  I was happy to find him and kept wanting to go on to the prom. Ha, ha.

Okay, now for my updates.  Well, maybe it's just one.  Anyway, for the rest of October, I will not be doing my weekly Finish it Friday posts.  I do not know what I was thinking!  On October 2nd, I shared photos of my next Finish it Friday project but then on the 9th, we went camping to Lake Murray in Oklahoma. That's why there was no post on Friday.  This coming Friday the 16th I'll be prepping for the start of my Thirteen Frights Before Halloween Tutorial Video event and then on the 23rd I'll also be prepping kits for my Gatefold Album class and then on the 30th--well that's the day before Halloween and the last day of my Thirteen Frights. So, yeah.  I should not have even planned a Finish it Friday for this month.  I'll get back to it hopefully in November though.

So that's it for me today...

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts