Ooooohhh...Creepy Crawlies!


Yep. It's October! Time for those who are Halloween fans to put out decorations and make some Halloween cards!  This time on the Cards in Envy challenge blog we are looking for cards that have some CREEPY CRAWLIES on them.  Could be a Halloween card like mine or maybe a regular occasion card with some bug or something else that is considered creepy crawly.  I, of course, went with a Halloween card. I was lucky when I pulled out the paper pad I wanted to use that a creepy crawly spider was already on the paper! It made this card fairly quick and easy to create.

All of the papers on this card are from a Recollection 6x6 Halloween Basic pad.  As I said earlier, the spider is printed on the paper but he has a sort of sparkly, raised texture to him. I loved the orange paper with spider webs background he was on.  I layered other patterns of paper from the pad to get this look and then glued on a couple of spider webs  from an Anna Griffin Diecut Embellishments pack called "Bat-tastic."  I tied a triple loop bow out of Pebbles Twine from their Halloween colors pack and stamped the "Boo!" with an acrylic stamp from my collection.

The cute Halloween house in this photo is a Department 56 that I've had for several years. Right now it is sitting in my quilting room (where I take my photos) because
someoneI misplaced the power cord that makes it have haunting sounds and flashing lights and lightning.  I'm bummed. Not sure where it could be. It's a special cord and not one that you can just run down and buy. So today I'll be calling Department 56 to see if I can buy a replacement cord. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I hope you'll be able to join us for our Creepy Crawlies challenge over on Cards in Envy.  It runs through today and Sunday, October 18th.  Cards must be A2 sizse (4.25" x 5.5") and flat enough to fit in an envy for mailing.  And it does not have to be a Halloween card, just have something creepy, crawly on it.  There are a couple of good examples of the non Halloween cards by other designers on the blog.

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts