"Sow's Life" for a Belated World Card Making Day Card!


"Sow's Life?"  Get it?  Pig on the card....instead of "How's Life?...yeah.  It came with the pig stamp. Ha, ha.   So here we are with a RARE Sunday post from me. It was supposed to be a Saturday post because yesterday was World Card Making Day.  But things didn't fall into place quite right. Too many interruptions, feeling a bit blah from allergies etc. The weather, however was super nice! It felt good to open up all the windows in the house and just enjoy.

Anyway, I made this card for World Card Making Day.  My goal was to use a stamp set that I'd purchased but hadn't used yet. (Bought this one over a year and a half ago.)  It's an Inky Antics stamp set called "Farm Friends #2."  Super cute set. I colored the cute piggy and the fence with my Chameleon alcohol markers.  The piggy is on foam dots.  I also wanted to use a paper pad that I'd never used or rarely used. I may have used this pad maybe once.  It's a Jillibean Soup 6x6 paper pad called "Grandma's Lima Bean Soup."  I had some trouble with this one.  Usually papers just flow well together but this one gave me trouble. I finally narrowed it down to these two patterns, red cardstock and two buttons from my stash with some May Arts ivory burlap string. The buttons matched the green paper much better in real life than they do in this photo. They are actually a light green.  I also did a bit of faux stitching with a black pen around the edges of the patterned paper.

I did accomplish my goal of making a card for World Card Making Day AND used product that I had on hand that I've never used or used only a little.  Did you make a card(s) for WCMD?

Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts