Close up of my Tombstone box and Coffin Album!


I know I promised to show bigger photos of this project and here they are!  Above is my tombstone box.  It is decorated on the front (shown above) and the back (shown below).


I drew a template for this using a plate for the top curve.  Then I cut the front and back and a base out of chipboard.  I then measured and cut the side and top pieces and cut hinges to attach them in a curve. The chipboard was black and I covered the tombstone with a gray/black paper from Michael's that had a slight shimmer. I used black cardstock to create the hinges so that the front "door" would open and it's held closed with a chain piece I made.  The spider webs are black Halloween doilies from Michael's.  The trees, fence and tombstones were cut from my Silhouette. I brushed the trees with some clear Bo Bunny Gittler glue which really helps them to look spooky. Other paper elements were cut from Graphic 45 papers--Eerie Tale and Rare Oddities.

When you open the tombstone, you find the Coffin album inside.  The skeleton on the left was cut from a banner I bought at Michael's.  His right arm bone is hanging on the closure piece on the outside of the tombstone box.  The creepy gauzy stuff on the Coffin is cheese cloth that I spritzed with Prima Color Bloom spray in the tea color.  Makes it look like an aged shroud that's falling apart!  For the Coffin album, I followed a tutorial that you can find on Anne's Paper Creations blog.  I added a few more pages I think to mine and made the front and back cover of my album with a spine out of chipboard.  The pages are black cardstock patterned with papers from Graphic 45 Eerie Tale and Rare Oddities collections.  The glittery spiders also came from Michael's.




More photos of the Coffin Album...





I know before you ask....will there be a tutorial on this?  The answer is....I'm going to try. Really hard. I'll have to make another tombstone and record it and then write the instructions with templates.  The Coffin album you could follow Anne's tutorial but I'll give the measurements for mine.  When will this be done?  I don't know.  I'm super busy this time of year and will be doing my Thirteen Frights Before Halloween project plus teaching a class at Flossie Scrapper on the 24th. So....if the stars align right maybe I'll have it by Halloween or for Halloween.  That's the best I can promise. Well, that's not really a promise but it's an "I'll give it my best effort."  If not by Halloween, surely I'll have it done in November so you can make one for next year.  UPDATE: As of 2017, I still have not re-created this project! I'm hoping that maybe I will be able to do a tutorial for it by Halloween of 2018 or maybe it can be my 2018 Thirteen Frights Before Halloween Project. Hmmmmm.....

I've given this one to my daughter, Brandy. She's proudly displaying it as a Halloween decoration.
Showcase video of my Tombstone box and Coffin album




Happy Crafting!

Popular Posts